Paddy Power, Betfair strikes deal on potential merger

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...
Font size:
Print Friendly

Former rivals Paddy Power and Betfair are planning to create one of the world’s largest betting and gaming companies.

The London Stock Exchange made the announcement on its website on Wednesday.

Under the terms of the merger, Paddy Power shareholders will hold 52 percent of the combined company, while Betfair shareholders will own the remaining 48 percent. According to the London Stock Exchange, Paddy Power shareholders will get an €80 million special dividend immediately prior to the deal’s completion.

Paddy Power predicted the potential merger last month, and even jokingly tweeted the new company will be called Betty Power. But seriously, the new company will be named Paddy Power Betfair Group, according to RTE News.

Read more at Calvinayre.com

About us

E-PLAY Online Gambling Guide is the best source of whole information about entertainment and gambling online market. 15 years of experience supported by our team of gambling specialists and cooperation with partners from around the world is the warranty of best choice to everyone who is interested in online gambling!

ARCHIVE

Facebook

Twitter

Menu Title