Online gambling giant Bet365 has turned in another impressive annual set of results for the year ended March 27, reporting that revenue and profits both grew significantly.
* Operating profit up at GBP456 million compared to the GBP 406 achieved in the preceding year;
* Pre-tax profit up GBP459 million (GBP409 million previously);
* Revenue of GBP1.55 billion – up 5 percent;
* Sportsbetting turnover up 6 percent at GBP 36.9 billion – up GBP2.3 million;
* Employee headcount now at 3,404 – up from 3,179 in the preceding year. This is in addition to 297 casual match-day staff employed during the period;
* The firm opening of the first Bet365 satellite office in Manchester, which will lead to the creation of 70 jobs;
* In-play betting channel delivered 72 percent of sports wagering, down 3 percent from the previous year, but mobile revenues were nevertheless up 36 percent y-o-y;
* Active customer numbers up 11 percent y-o-y, with lifetime signups over 23 million;
* Stoke City, a football club owned by Bet365, reported a GBP8.5 million profit – a significant improvement on the previous year’s GBP232 million loss, made more impressive by the annual employee expenses rising GBP14.3 million to GBP 77.2 million;
* Investments in other industries during the year totalled GBP 125 million;
* Cash reserves of GBP 1.1 billion.